Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Technology
New York University Skopje
Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
Further Artificial Intelligence
Igor Trajkovski will be
lecturing this course.
- Lectures: Wednesdays, 12:00h - 14:00h,
- Practical: Wednesdays, 14:00h - 15:00h
- Classroom: Lab 2
- Office Hours: Thursdays, 13:00h - 15:00h
E-mail address: trajkovski AT nyus DOT edu DOT mk
Phone Number: +389 2 2034 636
There will be 13 lectures, 1 revision lecture, and final exam, spread over 15 weeks.
There will be one assessed practical for the course, which will be an application of machine learning algorithms.
An EXAM length 2 HOURS weighted at 50%. An ASSIGMT weighted at 50%.
50% Assignment (learning outcomes 2, 3)
50% Examination length 2 hours (learning outcomes 1, 3)
Machine Learning, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition, Natural Language Processing.
Two lectures per week.
One tutorial per week.
Python, C/C++, JAVA
Special Admissions Requirements
Prior study of AI Methods (CE00341-2) or equivalent.
- EXPLAIN THE OPERATION OF A RANGE OF ADVANCED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNIQUES, AND SOFTWARE. (Knowledge & Understanding)
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT A SOFTWARE ARTEFACT THAT MODELS/SIMULATES INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOUR FOR A GIVEN PROBLEM DOMAIN USING APPROPRIATE METHODS. (Enquiry)
- MAKE A SELECTION BETWEEN CANDIDATE TECHNIQUES BASED UPON A RATIONAL CRITICAL EVALUATION OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF A PARTICULAR PROBLEM. (Problem Solving)
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
(Second Edition) by Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig
Slides of the lectures
Uncertain knowledge and reasoning
- 16.Sep Uncertainty
- 23.Sep Bayesian networks
- 30.Sep Inference in Bayesian networks
- 07.Oct Learning from Observations
- 14.Oct Bayesian learning
- 21.Oct Text classification
- 28.Oct Neural Networks
- 04.Nov Instance Based Learning
- 11.Nov Ensembles
Communicating, perceiving, and acting
- 18.Nov Machine Translation
- 25.Nov WEKA - Data Mining with Open Source Machine Learning Software
- 02.Dec Parsing natural language sentences, Consultations about Assigments
- 09.Dec AI: Present and the Future
- 16.Dec Revision Week
- 23.Dec Final Exam
AI Magazine (old issues available on-line for free)
Python implementation of algorithms from Russell and Norvig's 'Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach'
Data sets from Russell and Norvig's "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach"